Fizzing Bath Bombs
Fizzing Bath Bombs using essential oils are a fun way to add excitement to your senses while enjoying the benefits of essential oils. They are also entertaining to use and are loved by both kids and adults.
If you don’t have a bathtub, these bath bombs can still be effective in a shower. The water will help dissolve the bath bomb and release the aroma of the essential oils into the steam. Or, you may like to try the Shower Bomb recipe!
Fizzing Bath Bombs
- Moulds for bath bombs (I use sphere ice-cube moulds, but you can use any mould you like - they don't have to be round!)
- Spoon or spatula
- 10 drops preferred essential oils see notes for inspiration
- Place citric acid, baking soda, cornflour, and oil in bowl
- Add essential oil/s
- Mix until soft dough is formed. It should have the consistency of damp sand
- Note: If the mixture is too wet, try adding a little more baking soda and cornflour until consistency is correct
- At this point, you may add food colouring, dried herbs, or flower petals to mixture
- Place mixture in silicone moulds. Let sit 24 hours before removing from mould
- Drop in bath tub or shower and allow to dissolve
- You could also use almond oil or olive oil in the place of Fractionated Coconut Oil
- When making for kids, try adding some colour to the mixture. Not only will they love that the water changes colours, but will also love the fizz from the bath bomb
Essential oil suggestions:Relaxing oils: Lavender, doTERRA's Lavender Peace blend, Juniper Berry, doTERRA's Easy Air blend Mood Boosters: doTERRA's Citrus Bliss blend, Peppermint, any citrus oil
Do you need Essential Oils?
You can join my team and immediately gain 25% off the retail price of doTERRA essential oils. You will also receive a whole lot of education and support from me, and The Essential Guide community.
If you would like more information or instructions on joining, you can visit this page.