This Foot Mask recipe using essential oils means you don’t have to stress about cracked heels on your feet this summer. Try this nourishing foot mask made with your favourite essential oil (and other feet-friendly ingredients) for nourished and beautiful feet.
Why use a foot mask using essential oils? Since our feet have the most pores per square inch than any other area of the body, it is important to remember to treat the feet too! What you put on the feet will absorb into the rest of the body, so do your best to gather high quality, organic ingredients for this foot mask.
- Food processor or blender
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp honey preferably organic
- 1 tbsp fractionated coconut oil
- 1 stalk celery preferably organic
- 6 drops preferred essential oil see notes for suggestions
- Grate the stalk of celery and drain the excess moisture in a strainer or by using paper towel
- Add celery and remaining ingredients to food processor or blender
- Blend until smooth
- The mask should be applied straight away so be ready with a wet washcloth or go sit by the bath
- Apply the mask immediately to your entire feet with fingers or a brush
- Let it sit for 15–20 minutes while enjoying the foot mask’s cooling sensation and the calming effects of your chosen essential oil
- Rinse off and enjoy your nourished and moisturised feet
- The probiotics in Greek yogurt help deliver beneficial proteins and the lactic acid it contains rids the surface of old cells, making way for radiant, fresh skin.
- Celery is rich in zinc, which helps to repair dry, cracked skin. Celery also carries vitamins and is cleansing and detoxifying.
- Raw honey is a natural humectant, contains beneficial enzymes and antioxidants, and has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Bergamot essential oil is calming and soothing to the skin.
- Frankincense is a luxurious oil, with amazing skin healing properties
- Other oils that are great for skin are Lavender, Geranium and doTERRA's Yarrow | Pom