DIY Lip Gloss is so easy and fun to make! Most store bought lip glosses contain artificial colours and fragrances, so why wouldn’t you make your own?! Plus, your glosses can be customised with your favourite colours and essential oils.
- Double Boiler (jug or bowl over simmering water)
- Spoon for stirring
- Dropper or syringe
- Lip gloss tubes
- 7 drops preferred essential oils see notes for suggestions
- Place all of the ingredients, except for essential oil, into jug or bowl used for double boiler
- Place the jug or bowl in a saucepan with 3-5 cm of boiling water
- Stir every few minutes. Once the ingredients have melted, remove from the pan and let cool for two minutes
- Add essential oil/s
- For coloured gloss, add pigment and stir until combined
- Using a dropper, transfer into the lip gloss containers. Be as quick as you can as the liquid will start to harden.
- When adding colour, start with a little and add more until you get desired colour.
- If liquid hardens before you get it into the tubes, you can place it back on the double boiler, just bear in mind that the extra heat can alter the properties of the essential oils
Do you need Essential Oils?
You can join my team and immediately gain 25% off the retail price of doTERRA essential oils. You will also receive a whole lot of education and support from me, and The Essential Guide community.
If you would like more information or instructions on joining, you can visit this page.