DIY Washing Powder is one of the quickest and cheapest ways you can reduce your toxic load. Ditch those smelly laundry liquids and powders and make your own! Seriously. They contain so many chemicals, particularly the fragrance component, which is designed not to get washed out – so you smell the sweet ‘freshness’ all day and are made to feel that they must be doing a super job of keeping you fresh and clean. The problem with that is that means those chemicals staying stuck in the fibres, means they are directly touching your skin and being absorbed into your system. Ugh. Don’t do it.
This Washing Powder is cost effective, and it works. I have a toddler, so I know. Whether it be spaghetti stains or muddy knees, this washing powder is up to the task.
- Spoon for stirring
- Measuring cups
- 2-3 drops preferred essential oils see notes
- Combine all ingredients (except essential oil/s) in large bowl
- Transfer into airtight container of choice
- Add a tablespoon of Washing Powder, along with 2-3 drops of essential oil per load
- For lights and white loads, add 1/4 cup of Sodium Percarbonate along with the washing powder. This is the natural oxygen bleach component used in many commercial 'Oxy' whitening products (without the nasty chemical additives).
Recommended Essential Oils:
- Tea Tree
- Lemon Eucalyptus
You may like this vinyl label
Do you need Essential Oils?
You can join my team and immediately gain 25% off the retail price of doTERRA essential oils. You will also receive a whole lot of education and support from me, and The Essential Guide community.
If you would like more information or instructions on joining, you can visit this page.